Why Haven’t I Received my Arlington County Decal?
Most Arlington County decals are mailed in August, and can be found on the back of your Vehicle Personal Property Tax bill as long as:
- You have registered your vehicle with the Commissioner of Revenue’s Office
- All previous tax and decal bills have been paid
- All outstanding parking tickets have been paid
There are a few exceptions:
- If you registered a vehicle after July 15 and you have paid the decal fee, a decal will be mailed to you first, followed by the tax bill.
- If your vehicle is leased, your decal will be mailed after the payment from the leasing company has been processed.
Decals for leased vehicles cannot be replaced online. Instead, call 703-228-3090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a replacement.
- Motorcycle decals are mailed after the tax bill is paid and processed. (Tax bills for motorcycles are mailed in August.)
- Trailer decals are also mailed in August before the corresponding tax bill is sent (as long as all accounts are current).
How to Replace Your Decal Online
If you have not received your Arlington County decal, and believe you should have, the video below will show you how to request a replacement decal using your CAPP account.
Replacement decals are mailed within two weeks of a request. If your current decal or temporary decal is due to expire within two weeks of the date of your request, please call 703-228-3090 or email us at email@example.com to request a temporary decal.
Please note that any parking ticket balances, or past due personal property taxes owed, will prevent a decal from being issued.
Guidelines for Requesting a Replacement Decal
All outstanding Vehicle Personal Property taxes, parking tickets, and decal fees must be paid in full before you can request a replacement Arlington County decal. You can verify your account balances in CAPP.
- Accounts with an outstanding balance are displayed in CAPP. To make a payment, click “Pay All Bills”.
- To pay accounts that are not listed or linked to your profile under “Pay All Bills”, you may need to log out of your CAPP profile and make a “Quick Payment”.
- For assistance making a payment or adding accounts to your profile, please call 703-228-3702 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may only request one replacement decal per vehicle each year online.
If you previously requested a replacement decal but still have not received it, you may be asked to come to the Treasurer’s Office at 2100 Clarendon Blvd. #215, Arlington, VA 22201 to pick one up.
If you have never received a County decal or a personal property tax bill, you will be prompted to enter your current mailing address.
If your current mailing address is outside Arlington County, please contact the Commissioner of Revenue’s Office at 703-228-3135 to update your account.
If you have recently moved, and your address is not updated in the system, your decal will be mailed to your last known address.
You can verify your address on CAPP. Click on the vehicle account, and update your address by clicking on the “Edit” button.
If you have replaced your vehicle, you may transfer your existing County decal to the new vehicle.
Please contact the Commissioner of Revenue’s Office at 703-228-3135 or email@example.com to register the new vehicle and close the account for the old one. Once the new account is set up, contact the Treasurer’s Office at 703-228-3090 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have the decal transferred.
Please allow 3 business days for any payments to post before requesting a replacement decal.
For more information about your decal, please call 703-228-3090 or email email@example.com.