2016-17 Red Arlington County Decals
Remember to place your red Arlington County decal on your vehicle’s windshield by November 15, 2016. Be sure to remove the blue decal first!
Real Estate Tax Penalties
If you have not yet paid your second installment Real Estate tax, please note that a 5% late payment penalty has been applied to your outstanding balance. Pay the total amount due by November 5, 2016, to avoid an additional 5% late payment penalty. Please do one of the following to make a payment:
- Go to https://capp.arlingtonva.us. Log in to your CAPP account or make a Quick Payment.
- Mail your payment to 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 201, Arlington, VA 22201.
- Visit us at 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 201 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
The 2017-18 Decal Design Competition Has Begun!
The Arlington County Treasurer’s Office invites all high school students who reside or attend school in Arlington to submit a decal design! If you want to apply, click here for instructions and forms.
The Competition guidelines are:
- The theme is Arlington County.
- Students are asked to submit creative, artistic, and memorable designs that highlight our vibrant community. Photography, painting, drawing, collage -- whatever medium you choose!
- Submissions should be in JPEG format.
- The border of this year’s decal will be GREEN.
- A citizens' panel will choose the four finalists on December 3.
- The final four designs will appear on the cover of the Sun Gazette in December, and the winner will be announced at the January County Board meeting.
- There will be prize money for the winner and for the three other finalists!
- The winning decal will be displayed on over 160,000 windshields!
If you would like more information on the 2017-2018 Decal Design Competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the 2016-17 submission finalists, please click here.
County Board Approves Increase in Transient Occupancy Tax
- Increase will yield $1.25 million for travel and tourism promotion
- Move follows action by Virginia General Assembly
- Takes effect July 1
The Arlington County Board has approved an increase of 0.25 percent in the transient occupancy tax charged for hotel rooms in Arlington, which will yield approximately $1.25 million in revenue for travel and tourism promotion in the County in Fiscal Year 2017.
Are You Airbnb-ing an Arlington Address?
If you're making money offering short-term lodging in an Arlington home, you probably need to collect the local 7-percent transient occupancy tax. And keep in mind that charging the tax and getting it to the County Treasurer does not cover compliance with any zoning ordinance.
If you collect $10,000 or more annually in rentals, you also must obtain an Arlington County business license.
For more information about tax issues, contact the Business Tax Division of the Office of the Commissioner of Revenue at 703-228-3060 or email email@example.com.
For zoning questions, call 703-228-3883.
EasyPark, Arlington's New in-Vehicle Parking Meter
- Pay only for the time you are parked
- Purchase and reload online
- iParks can still be used
The successor to Arlington’s popular iPark device, EasyPark combines the ease of coin-free/credit card-free parking with the convenience of Internet customer service. Go to www.easyparkusa.com/arlingtonva to see how to purchase your EasyPark device.
Customers who have iParks can still use and reload their iParks for as long as they last. Reload your iPark over the phone at 703-228-3082 or at the Arlington Treasurer’s Office, 2100 Clarendon Blvd., Window 215.
Read more here.
DMV at Courthouse
Did you know there's an alternative to going to the DMV on Four Mile Run? The DMV Select at Courthouse can help with many common services.
New Resident Checklist
If you've recently moved to Arlington, either from another state or another jurisdiction, you need to do certain things as soon as possible.