A Note on Privacy
It has come to our attention that some customers, having recently registered a vehicle with Arlington County, are receiving solicitations from companies for services such as extended warranties. Because these companies have specific information on the vehicles in question, some people are concerned that they are getting the information from Arlington. This is not the case. All customer account information is treated with the utmost privacy in accordance with the Code of Virginia. We do not sell or rent our customers’ information to any outside company or organization, nor do we reveal specific information about customers or other personally identifiable data to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use.
DMV Select Hours of Operation
The DMV Select, located in the County Office Building, Office of the Commissioner of Revenue, Suite 218, is open for business. The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
DMV Select provides limited Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services that allow Arlington residents to:
- File vehicle titling applications
- Obtain original (with or without liens), substitute or replacement titles
- Update information on titles and registrations
- Register vehicles
- Renew, transfer or reissue their vehicle registration
- Return a sold or donated vehicle’s license plates
- Obtain vehicle decals
- Make address changes that do not involve issuance of a driver’s license or ID card
- Place special and personalized license plate orders
- Register to vote
- Apply for and obtain trip and overload permits
- Apply for and obtain disabled placards or plates
- Obtain vehicle and drive transcripts
- Pay fees for any returned checks originally made out to Virginia DMV
DMV Selects do not issue Driver’s Licenses, Learners Permits or Identification Cards. All other services listed above can be handled conveniently at Arlington’s DMV Select office during business hours (Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.) at:
The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Note: New Virginia residents must bring proof of their address and Social Security Number for vehicle titling and registration.
Need a full service DMV?
In partnership with the Commissioner of Revenue’s DMV Select office, a full service DMV Mobile unit will be in Arlington once per month.
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016
- Tuesday, March 29, 2016
- Friday, April 15, 2016
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016
- Friday, June 17, 2016
- Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- Monday, August 29, 2016
- Monday, September 19, 2016
- October’s date not yet determined
- Monday, November 14, 2016
- Thursday, December 29, 2016
The unit will be parked on the corner of 15th Street North and North Courthouse Rd, across from Jerry’s Subs & Pizza and will be open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
DMV Direct – Automated Telephone Service
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (et)
- Saturday, 8 a.m. – noon (et)
Automated Telephone Transactions:
An automated service representative guides you through the steps. Using a touchtone telephone, you can conduct your transaction in minutes without leaving home. Pay fees with a major credit card, and your vehicle registration and decals or your driver’s license will be mailed to your home. Dial DMV at 1-888-337-4782 for automated transactions (below).