DMV Select Hours of Operation
The DMV Select, located in the County Office Building, Office of the Commissioner of Revenue, Suite 218, is open for business. The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
DMV Select provides limited Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services that allow Arlington residents to:
- File vehicle titling applications
- Obtain original (with or without liens), substitute or replacement titles
- Update information on titles and registrations
- Register vehicles
- Renew, transfer or reissue their vehicle registration
- Return a sold or donated vehicle’s license plates
- Obtain vehicle decals
- Make address changes that do not involve issuance of a driver’s license or ID card
- Place special and personalized license plate orders
- Register to vote
- Apply for and obtain trip and overload permits
- Apply for and obtain disabled placards or plates
- Obtain vehicle and drive transcripts
- Pay fees for any returned checks originally made out to Virginia DMV
DMV Selects do not issue Driver’s Licenses, Learners Permits or Identification Cards. All other services listed above can be handled conveniently at Arlington’s DMV Select office during business hours (Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) at:
The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Note: New Virginia residents must bring proof of their address and Social Security Number for vehicle titling and registration.
Need a full service DMV?
In partnership with the Commissioner of Revenue’s DMV Select office, a full service DMV Mobile unit will be in Arlington Thursday, April 2, 2015, open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The unit will be parked on the corner of 15th Street North and North Courthouse Rd, across from Jerry’s Subs & Pizza.
DMV Direct – Automated Telephone Service
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (et)
- Saturday, 8 a.m. – noon (et)
Automated Telephone Transactions:
An automated service representative guides you through the steps. Using a touchtone telephone, you can conduct your transaction in minutes without leaving home. Pay fees with a major credit card, and your vehicle registration and decals or your driver’s license will be mailed to your home. Dial DMV at 1-888-337-4782 for automated transactions (below).