Use the Customer Assessment and Payment Portal (CAPP) to:
- Pay taxes, utilities and parking tickets
- Sign up for the email Billpayer Notification Service
- View assessment and payment history
- Set up automatic payments for your accounts, at no charge, through the Automated Bank Debit Service (ABD)
Through CAPP, you can pay by credit card or e-check. (Note: If you pay by credit card, you also must pay a 2.5 percent fee — or a $1 minimum — imposed by the service provider, which the County adds to the total transaction sum. E-check payments are free of charge.) CAPP Security Update: For the best experience using CAPP, we recommend using the most up-to-date versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. Older versions of browsers are less secure, and CAPP will no longer support them. Using beta versions or older versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari (before version 8) may result in limited security and functionality within the site.
Automatic Bank Debit (ABD)
Sign up to have your taxes (real estate, personal property) and/or utilities fees automatically paid from your savings or checking account. There is no charge for this service. To enroll your accounts in ABD, log in to your CAPP profile and click on “Manage Automatic Payments.” We will automatically debit your designated bank account. If you do not have internet access, please call 703-228-3702 for assistance. For real estate tax payments, you can choose from two ABD options:
- Payments on the due date: The full tax installment amount transfers from your designated bank account no earlier than the June 15 and October 5 due dates. Approximately one month prior to these due dates, you’ll receive a debit notice indicating the automatic deduction amount from your bank account.
- Monthly payments: A prorated amount of your tax bill transfers from your designated bank account no earlier than the 5th of each month so that the total transfers, as of October 5, equal the total annual bill amount. For the transfers to begin on schedule, you must respond by June 1 for payment of the second installment, or by October 1 for the first installment. With ABD enrollment, you’ll receive a debit notice each year, at the beginning of May, indicating the new monthly automatic deduction amount from your bank account.
To learn more, read the Automatic Bank Debit Rights and Obligations
Call 888-272-9829 to pay your County utility bills and parking tickets over the phone with a credit card. (Note: The County adds to the total transaction sum a 2.5 percent fee — or a $1 minimum — imposed by the service provider. Visa cards are not accepted for utility payments over the phone. When you call, enter:
- 1000 for the jurisdiction code
- 3 to pay a parking violation
- 4 to pay a utility bill (Visa not accepted)
- The bill or ticket number
- The payment amount
- Your credit card number
- Your credit card expiration date
Mail a check or money order, payable to the Arlington County Treasurer, to pay your tax bills, utility bills, parking tickets and other fees. Send your payments to:
Arlington County Treasurer’s Office 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 201 Arlington, VA 22201
Your mailed payment must have a U.S. postmark on or before the due date to avoid late charges, except for utility bills, which the County must receive within 30 days of the billing date. Note: The Treasurer’s Office doesn’t accept postdated checks (checks written with a future date) for future processing; however, you can set up a future payment through an online CAPP profile. Call 703-228-3702 for help with CAPP future payments.
Visit the Treasurer’s Office at 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 215, during office hours (Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) to pay your taxes and fees with a credit card, debit card, check, money order or cash.
- Most credit card transactions incur a 2.5 percent fee, imposed by the service provider.
- Pin-based debit card transactions don’t incur any fees.
- The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) doesn’t accept pin-based debit cards.
- DMV, iPark, zone parking permit and vehicle decal-only transactions don’t incur any fees.
- Acceptable payment methods for vehicle boot and tow fees — and their related parking tickets — include cash, certified funds and debit cards (no credit cards).
- The Treasurer’s Office doesn’t accept postdated checks (checks written with a future date on them) for future processing.
24-Hour Drop Box
Place a copy of your bill in an envelope with your check or money order and drop them in the 24-hour Treasurer’s Office drop box (located in the 2400 block of Clarendon Boulevard, on the driver’s side, near the corner of North Adams Street).
- You must not deposit cash in the drop box.
- For bill payments to be considered on time, you can deposit them by midnight before the bill’s due date — except for utility bills, which the County must receive within 30 days of the billing date.
- The Treasurer’s Office does not accept postdated checks (checks written with a future date) for future processing.
Neighborhood Payment Program
In person payments may be made at the following Global Express locations:
|Retailer Name||Address||City||St||Zip Code||Phone #||Hours of Operation:|
|ACE Center #639||311 N Glebe Rd||Arlington||VA||22203||703-243-8971||Mon-Thurs 9:00am to 7:00pm, Fri 9:00am to 8:00pm, Sat 9:00am to 6:00pm, Sun Closed|
|Check Cash||4710 Columbia Pike||Arlington||VA||22204||703-553-0021|
|Checks Cashed||3621 #2 Columbia Pike||Arlington||VA||22204||703-979-2000|
|EZ Cash Depot||2602 Columbia Pike||Arlington||VA||22204||703-521-1600||Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 8:00am to 6:00pm|
|La Union Grocery||4308 Lee Hwy||Arlington||VA||22207||703-812-9484||Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am to 6:00pm|
|SR Express||2724 Washington Blvd||Arlington||VA||22201||703-888-1717||Mon-Sun 9:00am to 10:00pm|